People say “Health is everything”. Quite correct!
But how many of you lead a healthy life. This includes having a proper diet.
Eating healthy will help both your body and mind. Don’t get me wrong here. I am not telling you to do some crazy stuff like going to gym every day or waking up four each day.
It’s quite simple. You just need to have proper foods in your diet. That’s more than sufficient. Try to avoid junk foods as it may get you sick or lazy.
Trouble in sleeping – Check the Buyer’s Guide on Weighted Blankets
The blog is dedicated to the usage of weighted vests and other useful weighted clothing which you can use in your day to day life to make better muscles.
You will love to read – Best Weighted Vests for Women
There are some foods which are titled as “Superfoods”. This is because these provide a ton of nutritional value.
We have listed 10 of them which can quickly improve your current diet.
Quick Navigation1.Blueberries2.Quinoa3.Salmon4.Steel Cut Oats5.Greek Yoghurt6.Coconut Oil7.Kale8.Cocoa9.Sweet Potato10.EggsConclusionInfographicTo Embed the Infographic on your Site
Blueberries are the second most consumed fruit in the US. This highly speaks about the value the fruit provide in a diet.
- Blueberries contain phosphorous, calcium, magnesium, manganese and other nutrients which help in building bone structure and strength.
- Blueberries also contain no sodium and in addition to this it also nutrients which help in lowering blood pressure.
- According to a study blueberries help in fighting chronic diseases.
- As blueberries contains Vitamin C, Vitamin A, and various other phytonutrients it helps in protecting cells against damage. This will help to slow several types of cancer.
The best part of blueberries is that you can incorporate into a variety of dishes.
Read more – Health Benefits of Blueberries
Quinoa is arguably the most popular health foods.
What is Quinoa?
Quinoa is a grain crop which is grown for its seeds. It is a gluten-free, high in protein and one the few plant foods that contain all the nine amino acids.
It is regarded as the “mother of grains”.
- It is loaded with all the important nutrients. A 200g of quinoa consists of 8g of proteins, 5g of fiber and other nutrients such as manganese, magnesium and phosphorous.
- Quinoa is naturally gluten-free which means that you better off avoiding products which are made gluten-free.
- It contains protein more than most other plant foods. With more than 8g protein per cup it is best source of protein for vegans.
- It you are suffering from diabetes then quinoa is a great way to keep your blood sugar in control. Quinoa has a glycemic index of 53 which is considered low.
- Because Quinoa is high in protein it helps to increase metabolism which ultimately loose your weight.
The best part of Quinoa is that you can easily incorporate it your diet. In addition to this it is tasty and also fits well with other foods.
Read more – 11 Proven Health Benefits of Quinoa
Salmon is the name given species of ray-finned fish in the family Salmonidae.
Wild Salmon is packed with protein and the two Omega 3s – DHA and EPA which helps in brain, eyes and nerve development.
- If you are suffering from joint problems, then salmon is one of the best food for its treatment. This is because salmon contains small proteins called bioactive peptides which help in to increase, regulate and stabilise collagen synthesis in human osteoarthritic cartilage.
- Salmon contains high amounts of Omega 3 fats, DHA and EPA which helps in important in brain functioning and nerve development.
- Salmon is a great source for Vitamin D. It contains enough Vitamin D which is required by the body for a day.
- It can help in preventing cell damage. With all its nutrients excellent source of selenium, a mineral is that works as an antioxidant in the body.
Salmon can be purchased as either steaks or fillets, fresh, frozen, canned or smoked.
Read more – What’s New and Beneficial about Salmon
4.Steel Cut Oats
Steel-Cut Oats are essentially are groats of whole oats which has been cut into two or three pieces. These pieces are then processed to make steel-cut oats.
They are also known as Irish Oats.
Quick Fact- Steel Cut Oats derive their name from the way they are made. Because they are processed using large steel blades to make them finer they are called steel cut oats.
- Steel Cuts Oats have more than 5g fibre in a ¼ cup of dry oats. The fibre content helps in reducing blood sugar levels in diabetes and also in improving cholesterol level.
- They are also a great source of protein. A ¼ cup of oats contains almost 7g of protein. This helps the body get all the essential amino acids.
- If you are looking for a source of iron for your body then steel cut oats is a perfect choice. In addition to this they are a great source of Vitamin B. People who consume the equivalent of 1/2 cup dry oats obtain almost 20 percent of their iron in this amount.
Steel Cut Oats are most commonly used to make porridge’s and oat cakes.
Yoghurt is one of my favourite food item. I love to eat it after every meal.
What is Greek Yogurt?
It is essentially made by separating out the liquid whey. It results in a thicker texture with less of carbohydrates and sugar.
This also means that Greek Yogurt contain more protein than regular yogurt.
- Protein is essential for good health. It is a great alternative source of protein. It helps protect your cells and also helps in keeping the skin healthy.
- Do you feel low on energy at the end of the day? Then you may need Vitamin B12. Greek Yoghurt is the perfect source for B12. It helps in healthy brain function.
- Do you workout? Then Greek Yoghurt is perfect food to eat after a tough workout session. It is a very satisfying and a healthy food.
- Greek Yoghurt is packed with Iodine. Iodine is very important in thyroid function as well as in healthy metabolism.
Other cool way to implement a Greek Yoghurt is by incorporating into a smoothie.
Read more- 8 Ways Greek Yogurt Benefits Your Health
Coconut Oil is one of the healthiest food you would find on the planet. It is a great source for Medium-Chain Triglycerides.
Unlike other oil this one is easier to digest and also not readily stored as fat. So is it worth changing your oil?
- Coconut oil is an excellent source of natural saturated fats. This helps in increasing the HDL (“healthy cholesterol”) and converting the LDL (“bad cholesterol”) into HDL.
- People are using coconut oil to treat kidney and urinary infection. Also it has been found that it helps directly in protecting liver damage.
- In a study done in India it was found that the high levels of antioxidants present in virgin coconut oil helped in reducing inflammation and in healing arthritis more effectively than other leading medications.
- According to a study published in the journal of Neurobiology of Aging it was found that the MCFAs in coconut oil helped to improve the memory problems in older people.
Overall Coconut is great to implement in day to diet.
If you take healthy greens in account, Kale is the king.
It is one of the world’s most nutritious plant food. Let’s dive into its benefits.
- It is one of the densest plant foods. A single cup of Kale (60g) contains about 3 g of proteins and 2 g of fibre.
- If you are looking for a source of Vitamin C, the Kale may be your thing. It contains high amounts of Vitamin C. Vitamin directly helps in functions of body cell.
- Kale can help you to lower your cholesterol. Steamed Kale contains about 40% of cholestyramine, a cholesterol lowering drug. This helps directly in proper functioning of liver.
- Kale is another good source of Minerals. This includes calcium and phosphorous. Most of the minerals you get from Kale is lacking in our day to day diet.
A very popular dish from Kale is Kale Chips which you can make by putting some oil over it and baking it in the oven.
Read more – 10 Health Benefits of Kale
Who doesn’t like chocolate? People go crazy over chocolate.
Cocoa is another great super food to pump up your diet.
- Cocoa is very rich in minerals like iron, magnesium, calcium and phosphorous. These minerals are quite valuable in a day to day diet.
- Cocoa contains a high amount of flavonol. This substance helps in reducing blood-pressure by improving the elasticity of the blood vessel. Overall it’s is very important in maintaining a healthy circulatory system.
- Research has showed that cocoa is very helpful is regulating blood sugar levels.
- Cocoa exerts beneficial effects on cardiovascular health. It helps prevent blood cots which inturn prevents a person from a stroke or an attack.
So the chocolate you thought to be bad is not all that bad :p .
Sweet Potato packs a powerful nutritional punch. There are two types of sweet potato you will find on the market. One is firm and the other one soft.
Let’s the health benefits of this super food.
- Sweet Potato has a low glycemic index. This helps to reduce episode of low blood sugar levels. It also provides an insulin resistance to people with diabetes.
- Because Sweet Potato contains low sodium it helps you to lower blood sugar levels.
- Eating Sweet Potato can also help you to prevent constipation because of its high fiber content.
- It also helps to increase your immunity. It is high in Vitamin C.
If you are confusing them with Yams, actually soft sweet potatoes are called yams by the African Slaves in the past.
Read more – Nutrition / DietSweet Potatoes: Health Benefits, Nutritional Information
Egg is another very popular food. This one of the top superfoods.
Eggs is considered to be a perfect food as it contains a little bit of all the nutrients.
- A single large boiled egg contains about 77 calories, 6g of protein and 5g of healthy benefits.
- Eggs help increase HDL (also know as “good protein”), This in-turn helps in prevention in many diseases.
- Eggs also is very good source of inexpensive protein.
- Eggs Contain Lutein and Zeaxanthin, Antioxidants which highly essential for healthy eyes.
Lastly I will recommend you to eat at least 3 eggs a day which is perfectly safe and healthy.
Finally, I would like to say that these foods are highly essential for a healthy life. Try to incorporate at least few of them in your diet.
Share your favorite super food below. I would love to know.