Today we are going to talk about two of nature’s favorite ingredients and how you can use them to prepare hair masks for healthy hair. Honey and cinnamon hair masks provide a number of benefits to the hair and scalp, and are safe to use. The superior effects of honey cinnamon hair masks cannot be understated.
This article talks about a few different types of homemade honey and cinnamon hair masks. One for healthy scalp. One cinnamon and honey hair mask for hair growth. One for hair conditioning. And last but not least, a honey and cinnamon hair mask for lightening of hair color. As far as hair masks for healthy hair go, there is nothing that can quite match what these masks can do.
Before we do that, let’s first take a look at the benefits of honey and cinnamon for hair.
Honey for Hair
Honey is rich with all kinds of antioxidants and vitamins which make it great for a healthy scalp and hair. It has antibacterial, anti-fungal and antiviral properties that can treat any scalp related infections. It is a natural hair softener as well. It is an emollient, meaning that it helps in the nourishment of hair follicles. It also has moisture retention properties which combats dry hair. Honey hair mask benefits are undeniable.
For an effective hair mask for healthy hair, honey for hair is necessary.
Cinnamon Hair Benefits
Cinnamon hair benefits hair include regenerating, nourishing and toning of the hair giving it a much healthier and shinier outlook. It has choline, beta carotene and a number of vitamins necessary to moisturize the scalp, prevent hair loss, restore split ends, remove dandruff, activate circulation and stimulate hair follicles.
When you combine honey and cinnamon to prepare homemade hair masks for healthy hair, and add some essential oils to the mix – you are well on your way to giving your hair a natural shine and luster. Your hair will have enhanced elasticity and volume too.
Why you might need a honey and cinnamon hair mask
Like many cells of the body that shed off and regrow, hair shedding is a pretty normal phenomenon too. The normal growth cycle of hair lasts from two to six years. Each month, hair grows about one centimeter. There are certain physiological conditions when shedding of hair becomes temporarily excessive.
The overall health of the hair is important. Conditions like losing 20 pounds of weight or more, having a high grade fever, physical or emotional stress, can affect hair health and you may notice more hair fall than the usual.
However, hair loss is different. When hair stops growing, when you notice drastic thinning of hair and bald spots start appearing, that’s when you should start worrying.
There are several home remedies that can help regrow hair on a balding head. Honey cinnamon hair masks for healthy hair have proven to be quite effective as well. With that said, let’s move onto our first homemade honey and cinnamon hair mask for healthy hair.
Homemade Honey and Cinnamon Hair Masks
1. Hair Mask For Scalp Nourishment
This cinnamon and honey hair mask is great for the rejuvenation of the scalp to encourage hair growth over time. It is important to ensure that the hair follicles are supplied with all crucial vitamins and minerals they need to stop hair loss and make hair healthy.
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- Mix all the ingredients together to prepare a paste
- Apply and massage the paste on the scalp
- Leave it in for 15-20 minutes.
- Wash off with a gentle shampoo
2. Hair Mask for Hair Growth
This honey cinnamon hair mask uses cinnamon oil or cinnamon bark oil. It is one of the best homemade hair masks for healthy hair.
Cinnamon oil is rich in antioxidants, which makes it terrific for scavenging free radicals, reducing inflammation, and reducing UV damage. It is also one of the botanicals that has been touted as a follicle stimulator i.e. hair growth stimulant. It helps to stimulate blood flow to hair follicles which is critical for healthy hair growth.
- cinnamon oil – 1 tablespoon
- honey – 1.5 tablespoons
- one egg
- burdock oil – 2 tablespoons
- Mix all ingredients together to form a mixture
- Microwave the mixture for a maximum of 15-20 secs. Make sure that it is not too hot. The objective is to warm the mixture and not boil it. If your microwave setting is too high, just microwave for 5-10 secs.
- Apply the warm mixture onto the scalp
- Let it stay on for 30 minutes to 1 hour
- Wash and rinse with shampoo. It may need more than one wash to completely remove the mask from the hair.
People suffering from baldness should prepare the mask mentioned above and apply it on the scalp, massaging it so it reaches the hair roots. This mixture will be effective even if you keep it on your head for just 5 minutes but keep it on for as long as possible.
Although using this honey and cinnamon hair mask for healthy hair and hair growth will not result in a sudden eruption of hair, it will improve circulation and wake up your hair follicles.
3. Hair Conditioning
Cinnamon benefits for hair include its antioxidant properties. It also contain vitamins that can help restore damaged hair structure, strengthen them and give them a natural shine. The following honey cinnamon hair mask for healthy hair moisturizes, nourishes and smooths the hair, making it shiny and manageable.
- organic honey – 3 tablespoons
- cinnamon powder – 3 tablespoons
- coconut oil – 1 teaspoon
- macadamia oil – 1 teaspoon
- cinnamon essential oil – 5 drops
- Melt coconut oil and add honey
- Add other ingredients and mix well
- Apply mixture on clean dry hair
- Put a shower cap on and wrap your head with towel
- Leave the mask on for 40 minutes
- Rinse off the mask with a mild shampoo.
The vitamin E contained in the macadamia oil helps to soften and rejuvenate hair.
4. Honey and Cinnamon Hair Mask for lightening of hair color
We all know that hair dyes based on chemicals can seriously damage hair structure. Using cinnamon to lighten hair is a great alternative. It is a natural bleach containing traces of peroxides that bleach hair without damaging it.
The mask will not only lighten hair up to 2-3 tones, but will also give it a natural shine, making it silkier and healthier. Cinnamon gives a natural reddish-brown shade to the hair naturally without staining or discoloring it. Here is your wonder recipe for gracefully lightening grey hairs.
- Honey – 2 tablespoons
- Cinnamon powder – 2 tablespoons
- Extra virgin olive oil – 1 tablespoon
- For Long Hair – ½ cup water, For shorter hair – ¼ cup water.
- Mix all the ingredients together and let it sit for an hour. This allows natural development of hydrogen peroxide.
- After an hour, apply it on to towel-dried or dry hair.
- Cover your shoulders and other parts with a towel to prevent the mask from causing stains on the skin or clothes.
- Tie the hair into a bun and then wrap it in a towel.
- Leave this setup undisturbed for an hour.
- Avoid exposure to any form of heat, because this might hamper the process of bleaching.
- Wash and rinse to remove mask.
- You might have to shampoo and wash the hair twice to completely remove the olive oil and cinnamon your hair.
Remember, this completely natural honey cinnamon hair mask as a hair lightening treatment provides subtle effects that gradually increase with repeated application. Individuals with dark brown or thick black hair can only expect subtle shine with a golden tinge in the first application. Repeated applications result in perfectly bleached hair with a sun-kissed glow.
People with light hair can expect their base to mildly break up leaving further lightened streaky highlights. What’s more this healthy hair mask will also nourish hair.
IMPORTANT: FIRST DO AN ALLERGY PATCH TEST!
Cinnamon is a strong sensitizer as it induces an immune reaction after continued exposure. So while cinnamon benefits for hair are many, before you start using any of the above homemade cinnamon and honey hair masks on your hair – it is better to do an allergy patch test.
Make one of the hair masks for healthy hair as instructed above and put a small amount of the mixture on your wrist or elbow bend. If a strong and unbearable burning discomfort occurs or a rash develops, wash off immediately and don’t apply it on your scalp.
Completely avoid contact from the honey cinnamon hair mask. Keep it especially away from the eyes. Rinse immediately with plenty of warm water if accidental contact does happen. A rash or dermatitis due to cinnamon allergy will cause further loss of hair, so be sure that you are not allergic to the honey and cinnamon hair mask.
Hair is our crowning glory! It makes a personal statement for most of us. Losing it can have a negative impact on our self-esteem and confidence, and even generate a feeling of premature aging. There is no doubt that honey and cinnamon mask are one the best solutions for those worried about hair loss and thinning hair. Easy, simple, 100% natural and homemade.